In the Hetty Feather series
Also a foundling, she was fostered by peg too and was the first foundling that peg took back to hospital that hetty knew about. She is blind in one eye though which worried jem when she left to go back to hospital thinking she would need help, peg did cry about letting her go back and did hold her blanket when hetty found her down stairs when going to toilet. When hetty went back, she did find Martha but Martha didn't remember anything of home and didn't know hetty which did upset hetty and when hetty cried, Martha did say that she was the one who cried, when hetty went outside in the playground, she did follow Martha and her 2 friends, Elizabeth and Marjorie, but they didn't want to be friends with hetty.
When hetty got a gold star in class, Martha did go up to her and told her well done but didn't remember much still.
At the queens golden jubilee fairground, she was hanging out with Elizabeth and Marjorie and when hetty went up to them, they both told her to leave them alone and that Martha had them, Martha didn't speak but just smiled at her and hetty left them.
She didn't appear in the other books which means she was sent out on service
Martha has straight dark brown hair, worn loose, and her eyes squint due to her poor eyesight. She wears dresses, and when she returned to the Foundling Hospital, she wore the brown uniform as well as glasses for her eyes.
- real family not known
- foster mother: peg
- foster father: john
- foster brothers: jem, saul, Gideon, nat and marcus
- foster sisters: hetty, eliza (older one) , bess, nora and eliza (founding one)
- She was the first one that Hetty saw go back to the hospital, as she is three years older than Hetty.
- She has poor eyesight, as described in Hetty Feather. She later gets glasses to correct this, some time after returning to the hospital.
- she doesint remember any family
- She has so far only appeared in the first book in the Hetty Feather series.
- her actor is not known for the theater show
- she is out on service now