Katy is a book written in 2015.
- Katy is a modern day retelling of the Victorian novel, What Katy Did, written by Susan Coolidge in 1872.
- Katy was written because Jacqueline Wilson, who had read the original, felt the message portrayed by it was unrealistic.
- In the original novel, Katy learned to walk again because she was good and patient (and the details of the actual injury she suffered were left ambiguous, and therefore unclear to readers).
- Katy was adapted into a three part series on CBBC.
- In the TV series, Katy (portrayed by Chloe Lea) is brown skinned, whereas in both the original 1872 Novel and the 2015 retelling novel, she is white.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.